Congo says number of confirmed Ebola cases rises to nearly 600 - Reuters
Congo says number of confirmed Ebola cases rises to nearly 600 Reuters
Coverage by Political Leaning
See how different sides of the spectrum reported this story
Key People
No people linked to this story
Tags
All Coverage
<a href="https://news.google.com/rss/articles/CBMixwFBVV95cUxPZFV2VExXLUZhMjhGX0E0VG96OUV0Uy10Q2ZRQVRFLWc1UzdReHF3a0hMMDZWc3I5amV0ekVFd2Y2bnNwVzd5Q2o2bk5GZHpXRWsyUm9XZGtyeVRvUmVwR0c0bjRIc1FsXzVEWmtFOE9mSjRrams2YzhGbDNHUzZ3NjBwd3JSTEJydV9TV3hzVTBEMDY0VWI5dEV3UkhHYjVNcGJIbVNEYmJuWEVJUEx1WXNfTXhRVjZ1QmxQNG1sZUIyOThZYm9J?oc=5" target="_blank">Congo says number of confirmed Ebola cases rises to nearly 600</a> <font color="#6f6f6f">Reuters</font>
The Democratic Republic of Congo reported a significant increase in confirmed Ebola cases, now approaching 600, urging the local population to adhere to safety measures. The outbreak, caused by the Bundibugyo strain, was announced on May 15 and has since spread across multiple provinces.
The Democratic Republic of Congo announced a rise in confirmed Ebola cases to nearly 600, emphasizing the importance of safety measures. The outbreak, caused by the Bundibugyo strain, was declared on May 15 and has affected multiple provinces.
The Democratic Republic of Congo reported a rise in confirmed Ebola cases to nearly 600, urging the local population to heed safety protocols. Despite efforts, health authorities have been challenged in containing the Bundibugyo strain detected in mid-May.
The World Health Organization announced nearly 600 suspected cases of Ebola and 139 deaths linked to the ongoing outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo and Uganda, amid fears that the numbers could rise further.
Similar Stories
Related coverage based on topic and tags
Ebola cases in Congo exceed 5,000, government data shows - Reuters
Ebola cases in Congo exceed 5,000, government data shows Reuters
August 19, 2026 at 04:38 AMEbola outbreak in Democratic Republic of Congo becomes deadliest in country's history - Reuters
Ebola outbreak in Democratic Republic of Congo becomes deadliest in country's history Reuters
August 16, 2026 at 10:40 PMWHO says Congo Ebola outbreak can still be brought under control within three months - Reuters
WHO says Congo Ebola outbreak can still be brought under control within three months Reuters
August 18, 2026 at 11:42 AMEbola outbreak on track to be deadliest ever, WHO chief says
The outbreak, declared on 15 May, has caused more than 2,000 deaths, with thousands more reported cases.
August 13, 2026 at 01:31 AMMultistate salmonella infections climb to 431, US CDC says - Reuters
Multistate salmonella infections climb to 431, US CDC says Reuters
August 19, 2026 at 09:46 PMUS CDC records more than 2,500 measles cases so far in 2026 - Reuters
US CDC records more than 2,500 measles cases so far in 2026 Reuters
August 14, 2026 at 02:56 PM