Rubio says 'solid' Iran deal may come on Monday
The deal under discussion would involve a 60-day ceasefire extension during which the Strait of Hormuz would be reopened, US media reports.
Coverage by Political Leaning
See how different sides of the spectrum reported this story
Key People
No people linked to this story
Locations
All Coverage
The deal under discussion would involve a 60-day ceasefire extension during which the Strait of Hormuz would be reopened, US media reports.
US Secretary of State Marco Rubio indicates a potential deal with Iran could be reached on Monday, involving a 60-day ceasefire extension and reopening the Strait of Hormuz.
Secretary of State Marco Rubio suggests a potential US-Iran deal could be announced soon, with global markets reacting positively to the news.
US Secretary of State Marco Rubio expresses optimism that a deal to end the war with Iran could materialize on Monday, emphasizing the importance of diplomacy.
US Secretary of State Marco Rubio states that the US will either secure a strong agreement with Iran or confront the country 'another way' if talks fail.
Secretary of State Marco Rubio indicates that the US will either have a good agreement with Iran or deal with the country 'another way' if talks fail.
President Donald Trump stated that any agreement with Iran would be 'great and meaningful,' emphasizing the importance of a substantial deal over a rushed one.
Secretary of State Marco Rubio indicated that the U.S. will either secure a favorable agreement with Iran or consider alternative approaches, emphasizing the importance of diplomacy before exploring other options.
Secretary of State Marco Rubio reported 'significant progress' in ongoing U.S.-Iran negotiations, with President Trump indicating that an agreement had been 'largely negotiated.'
US Secretary of State Marco Rubio indicates progress in US-Iran negotiations, suggesting a potential breakthrough agreement to ease tensions in the Strait of Hormuz and halt regional conflict.
US Secretary of State Marco Rubio announces a 'pretty solid' agreement with Iran, potentially leading to a deal to end the war between the two countries on Monday.
Reports reveal a draft memorandum of understanding between the U.S. and Iran, including a 60-day ceasefire extension and the reopening of the Strait of Hormuz.
The U.S. and Iran develop a 'framework' to extend their ceasefire by 60 days and reopen the Strait of Hormuz, though no agreement has been signed yet.
Similar Stories
Related coverage based on topic and tags
Hormuz Strait to remain shut until U.S. meets interim deal conditions, Iran says - Reuters
Hormuz Strait to remain shut until U.S. meets interim deal conditions, Iran says Reuters
August 18, 2026 at 10:44 AMTrump threatens to bomb US ally Oman if it 'gets in the way' over Iran deal
Trump's threat on Oman, which has been holding its own talks with Iran to reopen the Strait of Hormuz, comes as a 60-day window for peace negotiations expires.
August 17, 2026 at 04:26 PMTrump threatens 'tremendous economic consequences' on any country helping Iran
It comes after a 60-day ceasefire expired on Monday, with no sign of a diplomatic or military off-ramp to the conflict.
August 20, 2026 at 12:52 AMIran threatens to go on offensive in Strait of Hormuz if diplomacy with US fails - Reuters
Iran threatens to go on offensive in Strait of Hormuz if diplomacy with US fails Reuters
August 17, 2026 at 06:03 PMOil treads water as US-Iran peace talks stall, Hormuz shipping slows - Reuters
Oil treads water as US-Iran peace talks stall, Hormuz shipping slows Reuters
August 17, 2026 at 12:39 AMIran, US make competing claims over control of Strait of Hormuz - Reuters
Iran, US make competing claims over control of Strait of Hormuz Reuters
August 13, 2026 at 11:45 AM