'Breakneck' Ebola epidemic in Congo outpaces world's response - Reuters
'Breakneck' Ebola epidemic in Congo outpaces world's response Reuters
Coverage by Political Leaning
See how different sides of the spectrum reported this story
Key People
No people linked to this story
Locations
All Coverage
<a href="https://news.google.com/rss/articles/CBMixgFBVV95cUxPSHhlSkZEX3FGVWc5X2tsTUFxZ1BGZzI2V3JfSGFFa3F3a0VIczJCcjRiRmFNdG14aXg0aExVVDNxT1ZCWXAtcHB6TEtDWlhmd1V1SldsYUw1WWtrMldhZzhFMkdyTWZ5TDB5YUM4UmJkcDFkWUhIakFTV3dGSEZSTDRVQUFoOTJxc2dwNDZVS1lCcFBCUEp6T1RwdllqVUd5djJfakViYnlhemV2bFRUdVl4OTBZS1Ric3R5NDJET1B2UzEyNnc?oc=5" target="_blank">'Breakneck' Ebola epidemic in Congo outpaces world's response</a> <font color="#6f6f6f">Reuters</font>
The World Health Organization has called for an immediate ceasefire in Ituri province, DRC, to contain an Ebola outbreak with over 900 confirmed or suspected cases and nearly 220 deaths.
A new Ebola outbreak in DRC's eastern provinces of Ituri and North Kivu has emerged, prompting the WHO to declare an international public health emergency and testing international solidarity.
The World Health Organization has warned that the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo is outpacing response efforts, urging neighboring countries to take immediate action.
The head of the World Health Organization has raised the alarm over the speed of the current Ebola outbreak in central Africa, which has so far claimed at least 220 lives.
The head of the World Health Organization (WHO) said on Monday that the fast-moving Ebola outbreak in Democratic Republic of Congo and Uganda was outpacing response efforts, giving the latest number of suspected deaths as 220.
The head of the World Health Organization said Friday that the Ebola outbreak in Congo is 'spreading rapidly' and now poses a 'very high' risk at the national level.
Similar Stories
Related coverage based on topic and tags
Ebola cases in Congo exceed 5,000, government data shows - Reuters
Ebola cases in Congo exceed 5,000, government data shows Reuters
August 19, 2026 at 04:38 AMEbola outbreak in Democratic Republic of Congo becomes deadliest in country's history - Reuters
Ebola outbreak in Democratic Republic of Congo becomes deadliest in country's history Reuters
August 16, 2026 at 10:40 PMWHO says Congo Ebola outbreak can still be brought under control within three months - Reuters
WHO says Congo Ebola outbreak can still be brought under control within three months Reuters
August 18, 2026 at 11:42 AMEbola outbreak in DR Congo becomes deadliest in its history
The outbreak was already the fastest growing on record, caused by a rare species of Ebola called Bundibugyo.
August 17, 2026 at 04:41 AMEbola outbreak on track to be deadliest ever, WHO chief says
The outbreak, declared on 15 May, has caused more than 2,000 deaths, with thousands more reported cases.
August 13, 2026 at 01:31 AMRace to reach trapped survivors offers hope in Colombia quake zone - Reuters
Race to reach trapped survivors offers hope in Colombia quake zone Reuters
August 14, 2026 at 10:16 PM