Woods submits not guilty plea after car crash
Tiger Woods submits a not guilty plea via his lawyers after being arrested on charges of driving under the influence in Florida last week.
Coverage by Political Leaning
See how different sides of the spectrum reported this story
Notable Quotes
"I take a few"
— Tiger Woods , Athlete
"I take a few."
— Tiger Woods , Athlete
"I am stepping away for a period of time to seek treatment and focus on my health."
— Tiger Woods , Athlete
Tags
All Coverage
Tiger Woods submits a not guilty plea via his lawyers after being arrested on charges of driving under the influence in Florida last week.
Tiger Woods has pleaded not guilty to driving under the influence during his car crash in Florida on Friday, hours after a sheriff's report said he showed signs of impairment at the scene. Woods was arrested for driving under the influence (DUI) after being involved in a car crash in Jupiter Island, Florida on Friday March 27, where his Land Rover rolled over in a collision with a pick-up truck. His plea was confirmed in court documents in Martin County, Florida, on the same day that details of his arrest were released.
Tiger Woods was arrested on March 27 in Jupiter, Florida, following a rollover crash involving his Land Rover. According to a report by TMZ, police found two hydrocodone pills in Woods’ pocket during the investigation. Hydrocodone is an opioid typically prescribed for severe, chronic pain. The arrest affidavit described Woods as lethargic, with bloodshot and glassy eyes and extremely dilated pupils. When questioned, Woods admitted to taking “a few” medications. He attributed the accident to being distracted by his cellphone and adjusting the radio, causing him to hit a truck on a narrow road.
Similar Stories
Related coverage based on topic and tags
Golfer admits 'stupidity' after faking hole-in-one
An amateur golfer says he has "completely made a fool" of himself after admitting he faked making a hole-in-one at a tournament in the United States.
August 13, 2026 at 11:25 AMLuigi Mangione's state murder trial is postponed after federal guilty plea - Reuters
Luigi Mangione's state murder trial is postponed after federal guilty plea Reuters
August 17, 2026 at 10:03 PM'I shot Mr Thompson' - Inside the court as Mangione pleaded guilty
The BBC's New York correspondent Nada Tawfik was in the courtroom as Luigi Mangione pleaded guilty.
August 14, 2026 at 04:32 PMLuigi Mangione has pleaded guilty. What happens to his other trial?
The 28-year-old's lawyers want his upcoming state murder trial thrown out as they argue he has already pleaded guilty in federal court.
August 14, 2026 at 06:05 PMLuigi Mangione admits killing insurance CEO, pleads guilty in federal case - Reuters
Luigi Mangione admits killing insurance CEO, pleads guilty in federal case Reuters
August 14, 2026 at 07:00 PMKyrgios provisionally suspended after testing positive for cocaine - reuters.com
Kyrgios provisionally suspended after testing positive for cocaine reuters.com
August 19, 2026 at 10:16 AM